£271,995 - £317,995
4 bedroom properties
Off Penrhos Road, Bangor, Gwynedd
Do you want to see site plans, house types and floorplans?
You can see all of this and much more by viewing the online brochure. Simply complete the short form below and the brochure will be available on this page.
The information you provide in the form below will be passed to Redrow Homes in order for them to provide the information you require and to keep you informed of their news, special offers and future developments. They may do so by using any of the contact details you have provided.
More information about Goetre Uchaf...
About the Development
Our Goetre Uchaf development enjoys a superb location on the outskirts of Bangor, away from the hustle and bustle of the busy North Wales City. Whilst in a peaceful location, Goetre Uchaf is also perfectly placed for excellent commuter connections and a huge range of high quality sports and leisure opportunities, offering the perfect balance in life. Which is just like our superb Heritage Collection homes themselves, with their traditional craftsmanship and modern interiors.
From the mountains of Snowdonia to the west, to the magnificent coastline and Menai Straits to the east, this is an area rich in breathtaking vistas and stunning scenery. Bangor itself offers beautiful seaside views and a bustling seaside town community atmosphere. Perfect for both families and professionals, our Goetre Uchaf development is an ideal place in which to settle down.
AmenitiesGoetre Uchaf is incredibly well served by local amenities, with a large Tesco Express store just outside of Bangor city centre the most convenient place to do your weekly grocery shopping. There is also a Morrisons supermarket nearby. If you are looking at healthcare, there are both doctors and dentists nearby, with Lodwig Villa Dental Surgery just over two miles away. The local doctors' surgery is a similar distance away, the Bodnant Medical Centre. Bangor also has its own hospital, Ysbyty Gwynedd, which is 0.7 miles from our new development of homes at Goetre Uchaf.
DiningLiving near a city like Bangor gives you plenty of choice when it comes to something to eat. Being close to the Menai Straits means that seafood is always a fantastic option, from fine dining fish restaurants to fantastic fish and chips, you can get all of the seafood you want from the area. Oscars Lounge is a former pub that has been transformed into a lounge bar and restaurant, which offers a fine dining experience created with local produce. The Garden Hotel and Restaurant is a Cantonese style restaurant offering a warm welcome and fantastic food, with the option of staying in a room should the need take it.
EducationWhen moving into a new area, finding a good school for your children is always a big priority for parents. At Redrow we want to make this transition as smooth as possible, making sure that developments have schools nearby that can meet the needs of your children. The nearest primary school to Goetre Uchaf is Ysgol Y Faenol, which is around half a mile from the development. Slightly further afield Llanllechid Primary School and Bodfeurig Primary School are around six miles away. For older children, Bangor has a couple of secondary schools, including Ysgol Tryfan and Ysgol Friars. These schools will take on students as mid year admissions, subject to their capacity.
LeisureBangor has plenty to keep you occupied during your free time. From the golf club at Pen Y Brin to Plas Ffrancon Leisure Centre, those whose hobbies are of a sporting nature will be happy with the choice on offer. Given that Goetre Uchaf is close to the coast, beaches are a great option when the weather is nice, while the proximity to the Welsh coastal path means there is plenty of opportunity to take a relaxing stroll. Just over the Menai Straits is the island of Anglesey, with many visitor attractions, including the Anglesey Sea Zoo, the world famous railway station at Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, and the watersports paradise of Rhosneigr.
ShoppingBangor is a fantastic city for shopping. While the shopping centre is not the largest you will ever encounter, it is well filled with a range of local and independent shops as well as national chains. The retail park surrounding the giant Tesco Express on the outskirts of the city has a good selection of shops, including The Range.
TransportSituated close to the A55 North Wales Expressway, our development of new homes at Goetre Uchaf near Bangor is incredibly well connected. Having the advantage of a semi-rural location, while retaining links to the city of Bangor, Goetre Uchaf is close to the Britannia Bridge over to Anglesey, as well as being around an hour's drive from Liverpool and Chester. Rail travel is easily accessible from Bangor Station, with the station on the Holyhead to London line. Regular services take you to the north western-most tip of North Wales, along with the capital of the UK. Holyhead ferry terminal is around a half hour's drive from Goetre Uchaf, allowing travel over the sea to the Isle of Man and Ireland, while Liverpool John Lennon Airport is the closest international airport.
Ways To Help You MoveMastermove
From old to new in 3 easy steps – and help
towards estate agents' fees
Mastermove is a great way to make moving home simpler. It enables you to buy a brand new Redrow home, while we take care of selling your current property for you; even helping out with a contribution towards your estate agent's fees. With Mastermove, we'll arrange the valuations, appoint an estate agent to conduct your home's marketing activity and take the paperwork off your hands too.Who is it for?
For all homeowners looking for a hassle free way to sell their home. Unlike Part Exchange, Mastermove covers any home, whether it's a flat, maisonette or ex-council house, whatever the value relative to the price of your new Redrow home. So whether you want to move up, downsize or even step sideways, Mastermove could be the best move you could make.How does it work?
Mastermove helps you move into your brand new Redrow home in three simple steps:
- Step 1 - Find your Redrow home and register on Mastermove.
- Step 2 - We arrange 3 valuations and agree a price that will sell your house fast. We then instruct up to 3 of our approved estate agents to vigorously market your property and we’ll also agree how much we pay towards your estate agent’s fees.
- Step 3 - With your old house sold, you can buy your brand new Redrow home and move in as soon as it’s ready.
For an easier way to move, talk to a Redrow Sales Consultant today about how Mastermove can help get you moving.
The contribution towards *estate agent's' fees will vary depending on the property being purchased. Please liaise with our Sales Consultants for full details. Please note, if having sold your property through Mastermove, you decide for any reason you no longer wish to proceed with the purchase of the Redrow home, then you become responsible for the estate agent's fees and costs. If a customer completes on their related sale prior to the completion of their Redrow home they must pay the estate agent fees in full and the Redrow fee contribution will be reimbursed upon legal completion. Subject to build stage.Help to Buy Wales
With the Welsh Government backed Help to Buy scheme you could move in to a new Redrow home with as little as a 5% deposit.
The 'Help to Buy Equity Loan' is available to first time buyers as well as existing homeowners and works in the following way:Help to Buy Equity Loan
- Only available on new build homes in Wales.
- The Welsh Government will lend you up to 20% of the value of your new property through an equity loan which is interest free for 5 years
- This means that only a 75% mortgage will need to be secured from a bank or building society.
- In Wales, this scheme is available on house purchases up to the value of £300,000.
Whether you can picture your perfect home or keeping your options open – searching for a new home is an exciting time. Why not sign in or join My Redrow to book an appointment online, or speak with one of our friendly sales consultants to discuss your requirements today!
Help to Buy Wales is a Government backed initiative in partnership with housebuilders. Help to Buy cannot be used in conjunction with any other scheme. It is highly advised, for a swift, smooth transaction that an IFA/Solicitor advised by Redrow Homes is used. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Redrow offer. Help to Buy is only available within England. Subject to availability, on selected plots onlyWhat is an affordable home?
Affordable homes are made available at 70% of the market value, bringing them within the reach of people who would otherwise be priced out of the market. For example, a three bedroom Letchworth at Goetre Uchaf would normally sell for around £192,600, but will be available to qualifying buyers for just £134,820 under the affordable homes scheme.Who qualifies for affordable homes
There are three kinds of qualifying criteria:
- Need Criteria You must be unable to meet your housing needs in the existing housing market without some assistance because your household has insufficient income and capital to buy a house on the open market.
- Ownership criteria You must not already own a house, or if you do own a house, it must be too small for your family, or deemed to be of sub-standard condition by the Council and uneconomical to convert or upgrade to meet your needs
- Family criteria Applicants with 3 children, or applicants who have 2 children aged 18 years or over, or applicants who have 2 children aged 8 or over of different sex, will be given priority for the Letchworth properties. You also need to have access to a mortgage and proof that you have the necessary deposit. You will also need around £2,000 for fees and a further sum for your stamp duty (equal to 2% of the portion of the property purchase price over £125,000).
Applicants are considered in the order that they register on the Tai Teg Affordable Home Register, so you need to apply as soon as possible.Step by step guide to affordable housing
- STEP 1 – Register your interest Register your interest as soon as possible on the Tai Teg Affordable Home Ownership Register and complete the registration form online.
- STEP 2 – Contact Redrow Contact Redrow to view the affordable homes available at Goetre Uchaf and talk to our Sales Team. You should not reserve your plot until your eligibility has been confirmed.
- STEP 3 – Find a mortgage Contact a mortgage advisor. Redrow works in association with Independent Financial Advisors, namely Grosvenor Place, Chester, mortgage and financial solutions, Freephone: 0845 463 2938 Email: email@example.com although you are not obliged to use this company. They will advise if you potentially qualify for a mortgage. Please be honest with the mortgage advisor about any debts or old debts you may have.
- STEP 4 – Apply for a financial assessment Once you have completed these steps and you wish to be considered for an affordable property, please contact Grw p Cynefin to request an application form. You will need to return the form, together with the financial details requested, such a proof of earnings, to enable an affordability assessment to be carried out. There is a fee of £75 to cover the cost of this assessment.
- STEP 5 – Receive your nomination letter If successful, Grw p Cynefin will give you given a nomination letter to give to Redrow to confirm eligibility.
- STEP 6 – Reserve your new home You’re in! You can now visit the Redrow sales office and reserve your new home. There is a £500 fee for reserving a plot or property, but this is refundable on completion.
- STEP 7 – Apply for your mortgage You now need to formalise your application and instruct your legal representative to act on your behalf with the purchase.
- STEP 8 – Receive mortgage offer Once you receive your mortgage offer, forward a copy to Grw p Cynefin for verifying. It is required before you exchange contracts.
- STEP 9 – Move into your new home That’s it. You can now move into your affordable Redrow home and enjoy the pleasure and pride of home ownership that you never thought possible.
Images may not necessarily depict the actual development and in some cases may be a typical example.