3 bedroom properties
Lang Loan is our new development on the outskirts of Edinburgh. The stylish collection of new homes will offer a mix of two, three, four and five bedroom homes - something to suit everyone's needs.
- Variety of 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes
- Fantastic local amenities
- Wide choice of schooling nearby for children of all ages
- Easy access to the Edinburgh city bypass
Lang Loan provides the ideal situation from which to access Central Scotland, with Edinburgh just over 5 miles away. Situated on the outskirts of this popular historic city, it's perfectly located to benefit from the area's unlimited amenities and attractions. Peel Retail Park is just 2 miles away from Lang Loan with its choice of high street stores plus a large Sainsbury's, Asda and Ikea.
Edinburgh's city centre is renowned as being one of the best shopping venues in Scotland, and this, along with its fascinating history makes it such a popular destination. The city has a wealth of historic places to visit such as the majestic castle and Holyrood Park, where the famous Arthur's Seat is located. Princes Street Gardens offers a quiet walk within the heart of the city. Edinburgh also boasts a wide choice of museums from art to the museum of childhood. And when you need to re-fuel after all that shopping and culture, there are plenty of places to wine and dine.
The wider region of Midlothian offers a wealth of historic castles, stately homes and museums to explore. The popular Vogrie County Park in the heart of the countryside, has something for all the family; walking, horse riding, cycling, golf and plenty for the kids, including, a miniature railway and adventure play park. Dalkeith County Park is just under 4 miles away from Lang Loan with is green open spaces and new adventure play fort. You'll also be able to practise your swing at the three pristine golf courses within five miles of Lang Loan.
If you're looking for a stylish hew home close to a vibrant city, but enjoy getting out and about in the local countryside, Lang Loan could be your ideal spot to call home.
To hear more about this development, arrange an appointment.
The Scottish Government has announced an extension to the Help to Buy (Scotland) scheme to cover the needs of over 60s who need to move but can't afford to.
So if you're over 60 and can demonstrate a ‘housing need to move', then this could be the perfect scheme for you. There's a set of criteria you'll need to be aware of:
- You must be aged 60 or over
- You must maximise your stake by using your full house sale proceeds (minus reasonable expenses). If you can raise the purchase price of the property through the sale of your existing home and savings you won't be eligible.
You'll need to demonstrate a housing need to move which should include at least one of the following:
- Under occupation – living in property which is too large for you and you need to downsize.
- Your property is no longer suitable to meet your needs – you can no longer manage the stairs etc.
- Support – you may need to move closer to family or friends that can provide care and support.
- Joint applications may be eligible (without the requirement for a mortgage) where one of the applicants is aged 60 or over.
For further information contact your nearest Persimmon development in Scotland or visit the updated Scottish Government Help to Buy website.Lang Loan's situation is ideal for commuters as the City of Edinburgh bypass is close by, allowing easy access to Edinburgh and further afield. The city bypass leads to the M8 and M9.
There are regular buses that run into Edinburgh from West Edge Farm bus stop. There's also a Park and Ride in Straiton Mains that has frequent buses to the city centre.
Edinburgh Waverley train station has regular trains to Glasgow, Dundee, Perth and further afield to Leeds, Manchester and London Kings Cross. For travel by air, Edinburgh airport is just over 11 miles away from Lang Loan with its wide range of national and international destinations.
Request a development brochure
Images may not necessarily depict the actual development and in some cases may be a typical example.