New homes UK > Midlothian > East Calder > Calder Meadows
Calder Meadows, East Calder
5 bedroom properties - £449,000
Do you want to find out more
about Calder Meadows
Call 0845 463 1271
Calls cost 5p [or 5p per minute] plus your phone company's access charge
Images may not necessarily depict the actual development and in some cases may be a typical example.
Do you want to see site plans, house types and floorplans?
You can see all of this and much more by requesting the development brochure. Simply complete the short form below.
The information you provide in the form below will be passed to Charles Church in order for them to provide the information you require and to keep you informed of their news, special offers and future developments. They may do so by using any of the contact details you have provided.
More information about Calder Meadows ...Enjoy an idyllic setting with speedy city links
Calder Meadows is a select collection of new homes in the popular town of East Calder in West Lothian. Following on from the success of the first phase, this new development boasts a range of four and five bedroom detached homes that will be perfect if you're looking for a spacious new home.
- Range of 4 and 5 bedroom detached homes
- Excellent transport links to Livingston, Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Good range of shops and McCarthur Glen Shopping Centre nearby
- Next to Almondell and Calderwood Country Park
- Persimmon Homes are contributing to the extension of an existing local school
Well-respected schooling nearby
East Calder has two primary schools, both within easy reach. St Paul's Primary school is at the top of the development and East Calder Primary school is within walking distance. For older children there's West Calder High School and Livingston also benefits from an excellent range of schools for all ages.
With its tranquil surroundings, excellent transport links and range of beautifully-designed Charles Church houses, Calder Meadows could be an ideal place for you and your family to call home.
Arrange an appointment today to discover your dream home.Over 60 and in need of a new home?
The Scottish Government has announced an extension to the Help to Buy (Scotland) scheme to cover the needs of over 60s who need to move but can't afford to.
So if you're over 60 and can demonstrate a ‘housing need to move', then this could be the perfect scheme for you. There's a set of criteria you'll need to be aware of:
- You must be aged 60 or over
- You must maximise your stake by using your full house sale proceeds (minus reasonable expenses). If you can raise the purchase price of the property through the sale of your existing home and savings you won't be eligible.
You'll need to demonstrate a housing need to move which should include at least one of the following:
- Under occupation – living in property which is too large for you and you need to downsize.
- Your property is no longer suitable to meet your needs – you can no longer manage the stairs etc.
- Support – you may need to move closer to family or friends that can provide care and support.
- Joint applications may be eligible (without the requirement for a mortgage) where one of the applicants is aged 60 or over.
For further information contact your nearest Persimmon development in Scotland or visit the updated Scottish Government Help to Buy website.
Within the local area there are many local shops, cafes and a local garden centre, all within walking distance. Livingston offers a range of high street shops, plus McCarthur Glen Designer Outlet boasts a fantastic range of well-known designer brands. A little further afield, The Gyle shopping centre in Edinburgh has an array of high street shops.
Only a short distance away there is Xcite East Calder Leisure Centre, and a further five minutes away there is another gym in West Lothian.The nearest train station is Kirknewton, which offers regular services to the city of Edinburgh and the vibrant city of Glasgow. There's also a regular bus service running to Livingston and Edinburgh. For road links, the M8 and M9 are both nearby, as well as the Forth Road bridge and Edinburgh's bypass..